Dale L. Berge
The Peter Whitmer farm site is located . . . within the Fayette Township of Seneca County in the state of New York. There are several long, narrow, glacial lakes in this area which are known collectively as the Finger Lakes. The farm is situated near the north end of Seneca Lake between Cayuga and Seneca Lakes. The site . . . Read More
This daily feature is an introduction to an article that can be used as a study aid for the featured Old Testament lesson. Look for new study aids each Friday for your gospel doctrine lesson that week. Also, see all of our . . .More
This daily feature is an introduction to a full film review. Look for new reviews and notices every Thursday.
Ordinary Kentucky man Todd Walker, self-proclaimed "discoverer," "protector," "guardian," and "witness" of the eponymous . . .
- "A Mother There": A Survey of Historical Teachings about Mother . . .
- Katharine Smith Salisbury's Recollections of Joseph's Meetings . . .
- Values of Christian Families: Do They Come from Unrecognized . . .
- Spencer W. Kimball and the Revelation on Priesthood
- "Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept": Reflections on the 1877 . . .
- Article of the Week - 5 Mar
- Special Feature and Event - 4 Mar
- History of the Church Series - 3 Mar
- Old Testament Lesson #9 - 28 Feb
- Special Feature - 27 Feb
- Article of the Week - 26 Feb
- History of the Church Series - 24 Feb
- Old Testament Lesson #8 - 21 Feb
Kirtland, Ohio. Joseph Smith received Doctrine and Covenants 48, a revelation for the Saints gathering in Kirtland about purchasing land.
Freedom, New York. Joseph Smith preached to two large congregations with much success.
Geauga County, Ohio. In the Geauga County Court of Common Pleas, a suit was brought "for goods sold and delivered and work and labor done by plaintiffs as engravers for the defendants." Judgment for plaintiffs for $1,644.63 plus $20.92 costs. Defendants gave notice of intent to appeal. The amount due was satisfied in full by A. W. Babbitt, because the other defendants Samuel Parker, Warren Smith, Hiram Clark, and Andrew Allen were "not found" in the county.
Nauvoo, Illinois. Charles A. Dana v. William B. Brink. Joseph Smith opened court at 10:00 a.m. and rendered a decision against Brink for malpractice. That night Joseph and others observed rays of light in the sky in the shape of a sword. The following day he prophesied that the sword was a sign of a "speedy and bloody war" to come.