J. LeRoy Kimball, Nauvoo Restoration Pioneer: A Tribute

In 1954, James LeRoy Kimball bought the Heber C. Kimball home in Nauvoo. The house was slowly remodeled and restored. When Kimball saw how many people were interested in the house, he started mulling over the idea of opening the house to the public. The Church organized Nauvoo Restoration Inc. in 1962, and Kimball was asked to be the first president. This short article tells the story of Nauvoo’s development as a place of learning both history and the spiritual heritage of the place. 

Purchase this Issue