The Joseph Smith Papers Project announces the addition of the following new content to its website, josephsmithpapers.org:
- An index linking quotes in Joseph Fielding Smith's compilation Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith to the earliest sources on the Joseph Smith Papers website.
- About 150 documents from January through March 1843, including discourses, letters, land deeds, and Nauvoo City Council resolutions. Highlights include
- Legal papers from the Nauvoo Mayor's Court and Nauvoo Municipal Court.
- The Nauvoo City Council Minute Book, 3 February 1841-8 February 1845 and the rough minutes for the city council meetings held in 1841.
- Footnotes for volume D-1 of the Manuscript History of the Church pointing readers to the original sources used to compile this history.
- A topic page highlighting Joseph Smith's views on Religious Freedom.
- New and updated reference material, including four new biographical entries and eight new geographical entries.
Also recently added are images and transcripts for Joseph Smith's Bible Revision manuscripts (Old Testament Revision 2, New Testament Revision 1, New Testament Revision 2), images of the Bible used for the revision, documents from 1842, and documents from the Nauvoo Mayor's Court. In the coming months more documents from the Documents, Journals, Revelations and Translations, Administrative Records, and Legal, Business, and Financial Records series will be added. Eventually the website will contain images and/or transcripts of all extant and available Joseph Smith papers.