The Joseph Smith Papers is pleased to announce its latest web content release. Included in this substantial publication are all document transcriptions, introductions, and annotation in Documents, Volume 4: April 1834–September 1835, which was published in print in 2016. Documents, Volume 4 includes documents from the 1834 Camp of Israel expedition (later called "Zion's Camp") that marched to Jackson County, Missouri, to redeem the Saint's land; the 1835 calling of and blessings for the quorums of the Twelve Apostles and the Seventy; the construction of the House of the Lord in Kirtland, Ohio; and many other minutes, letters, and revelations.
Also published in this release are appendix items for the recently published Documents, Volume 6, mainly concerned with the 1838 struggles of the Saints with their Missouri neighbors:
- Letter to Oliver Cowdery and Others, circa 17 June 1838
- Constitution of the Society of the Daughter of Zion, circa Late June 1838
- Discourse, circa 4 July 1838
- Petition to Elias Higbee, circa 16 August 1838
- Agreement with Amos Rees and Alexander Doniphan, 28 November 1838
We have also added minutes from the Nauvoo City Council from 1844 and 1845 as well as more documents from the Nauvoo Municipal Court. Users will also find new editorial introductions to several New York and Ohio court cases.